The $fbase function returns the base name of the passed-in path, i.e., the file name without extension. If path is empty, the result is an empty string.
All parameters may contain symbolic references; these are resolved before the function is applied. See Examples below.
- File path from which to extract the base name.
Here are some usage examples for this function:
- <$fbase(C:\Program Files\InstallMate\Bin\Tin.exe)>
- Returns Tin from the literal path.
- Returns Tin from the symbolic path, assuming that <INSTALLDIR> resolves to the appropriate folder path.
- Returns Tin from the file alias path, assuming that Tin_alias is the file alias for the Tin.exe executable.